Tuesday, October 23, 2012

This hasn't been the very best week I've ever had, so I haven't done as much as I liked.  I'm pleased with the logos I've worked up so far, but it will be nice to get some feedback on what I've got.  I worked up the original logos I had, which incorporated a sun, a small strip of ocean, some mountains & a strip of green grass with the text "The Good Day Campaign" into both a rectangular and circular logo.  I'm not sure which I like best, but definately the circular one needs a little more work to convey the idea of a reflection.  I also worked up one other concept which really appealed to me, which is the goldfish.  I dont know why I am so drawn to that image, but I am.  For 6 years we had a goldfish, which is really a long time to have a goldfish.  My daughter named him Goldie and we bought him all these fancy little things for his bowl and as he got bigger we kept upsizing his tank.  Whenever we sat in the living room, it was sort of like anyone who watched him got mesmerized as he circled through his bowl/tank/decorative vase/whatever he lived in at the time.  Eventually he got sick and no matter what we tried, he never got any better & so Goldie departed for the Big Fishbowl in the sky.  Even now though, his legacy sort of lives on.. whenever I get really stressed I think about how calming he was, just circling around & around.  The year after he died, I went snorkeling for the first time, and I honestly can't think of any image that can dispel anxiety quite as well as tropical fish floating in some submerged underworld full of light and colo.  I rarely get to visit that place & it remains mysterious to me, no matter how many times I repeat the experience. 

I live in a house with two dogs, two birds, a hamster & Santa will be adding a hermit crab & some type of lizard to our home, but none of them have been with us as long as Goldie.  When the inevitable came about, I couldn't flush Goldie down the toilet.  Nor could I bear the thought of him buried in the back yard.  So.  He's in my freezer, double wrapped in ziploc & stored in a sturdy cardboard box that once held my little vegetable steamer.  Whenever I have company over & they go into the freezer, they are always asking why I keep my steamer in the freezer?  The explanantion always makes for interesting conversation.

The point of this blog, though, is to show my in-progress work, and here are my logos so far:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment