Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Its been a busy weekend! Im pretty excited for Thrusday & really happy with how all my work has been going. Its just now--I have to know when to stop! I added some new features to my doll.. I wasnt quite pleased with her dress & I wanted her fingernails painted. So added those touches. I changed her dress.. I didnt sew one, but I took a Barbie dress and modified it, along with a pair of shoes & a box. I am not going to post any pictures of the final doll, I want to wait to reveal her on Thursday. But I am going to show some in-process photos just to give an idea of what Ive been working on. I also finished up my bubbles, bubble gum & nail polish labels. I decided to not do the blister pack of gum since I decided to work on a box to put the doll in. Also I have som little hair thingies I may add and a play scene I am trying to decide whether to include or not. I also have the charm guide, gift card & tips/tricks guide I am still working on. My last item is a label for the front of the cauldron to just tie everything together. So that would make my kit include: a doll (with dress, shoes & broom-all which have been modified, painted, etc by me), a jar of bubble gum, a container of bubbles, tips & tricks guide w/gift card included, 2 nail polishes, the cauldron w/label, a play scene & the hair clips. I think that is more than my original plan, even with the exception of the blister pack of gum. Below are some in-process photos I have been taking & some jpegs of my PS files.

This is Hazel after removing the dress, with the dress, shoes & box I chose to work with.  Her broom was already completed.

 
Close up of shoes I had begun to work on:


 
Painted fingernails!
 
 
The dress I chose work with, which I covered in black paint & then sparkly finger nail polish, sounds weird, but looks super cool.

 
Supplies to paint my box (I chose to do it this way just for cost.  This box & the doll inside cost 3.00 at Big Lots.  I was able to take the dress off the doll, the shoes & the box & discard the doll cheaper than if I would have tried to print out the box with the plastic acetate.)

 
Here is an in-process shot of the box.  Trust me, it turned out better than I expected!

 
Here is a shot of the charm guide.  I started with the old photo template I created for baby ampersand & modified it in PS w/ the clone tool, the burn tool & C/P.

 
Here is an in-process shot of the whole thing.  It will have the charm guide on one side & the tips/tricks on the other, with the gift card at the bottom.  The charm guide is pixelated right now, I am going to have to redo that text by hand.
 
 
My bubble gum wrapper with the text: (I also added ingredients & the BWS logo, but I was already uploading as I continued to work):

 
 
 Witch's Brew Bubbles (same story as the bubble gum):
 
 
And this is the play scene.  I hope to get it laminated, or onto something that will convey the idea I have.  We'll see if it happens before Thursday!! :)

 
 
 
 
I've put a lot of work, a lot of time & a lot of effort in to this project, but its been the most fun I have had on a project in quite a while.  I've really loved this assignment & I hope the final product conveys how enriching I've found this whole experience to be!  It was really nice to be able to use some techniques and skills that I hadn't utilized in a really, really LONG TIME & to find out they had some practical use after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment