Monday, October 1, 2012

Since Thursday I have been working on my Launch Kit.  I decided I am going to be making a "Bublle Witch" doll, and am super excited about it.  I wanted to make the doll green, but unfortunately my attempts to dye the whole doll did not pan out.  I tried a few different things, and only ended up dying the crease of her neck!  I gave up, lol and moved on to paint.  I really liked the effect of the paint and I am going to stick with it.  I was also able to find a cauldron at the Dollar Tree (SCORE), not as nice as the one I foudn online, but about 11.00 dollars cheaper, so there ya go.  I was also able to find the perfect jar and gum balls for my "potion jar" bubble gum & found the perfect purple bubble container for my Witch's Brew bubbles.  I also procured a bottle of green & black nail polish, but labels will have to be made for them as all attempts to remove the labeling on them has failed.  I also came across a witch's hat I really liked, but am unsure how or if I will use it.  All ina ll its been very productive.  I also spent some time working on my labels further, but am stymied by the search for a font.  I couldnt uncover a "Bubble Witch" font, and while I found some i liked, when i added them to my label I wasn't so hot about them anymore.  I have some screen shots below of my progress:

 
Here is the My Scene doll donated by my wonderful daughters, I have removed her factory face paint & am optimistic about dying her green!

 
Optimism misplaced: plastic body resists my dying efforts, but creases in neck are green!!

 
I went ahead with my green plan & painted the face & upper torso green.  Her hands & lower arms will also get painted this same color of green.

 
Just another angle.  I cheated by choosing a doll that already had red hair!  Her legs I am going to try and paint with black & white striped to simulate striped stockings.

 
This is the image I started off with, taken from a Bubble Witch fan site.

I used content aware & the clone tool to get rid of the witches and make a clean template to work with.  I had this done in class before I left on Thursday.

Over the weekend I moved the to the middle and fleshed out the tree to be "whole" using content aware & the clone tool.

 
I sticthed together a few more panels and made the label longer for my bubble container.  I was able to single out the word "witch" but looking for a matching font has been a problem so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment