Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Well I have been sort of struggling with this weeks assignment.  Its not that I dont get the concept, because I do--and I actually love it.  A blank book is very witty & leaves a lot of room to be creative and to think out of the box.  Its just with so much going on in my life right now... its tough to break down the walls of that box & get out!  I really loved some of the ther ideas presented in class, and I actually really like my concepts as well.  Its just... how to take the ideas & turn it into a witty title?  Not only that but I sort of feel like in my portfolio I have really represented the fact Im a mother repeatedly, along with my love of anything tropical.  If Im left to my own devices, it would always have a palm tree, white sand & sunlight as far as the eye could see.  But I dont want to put myself ina  corner & become a one-trick pony.  That being said: my two fav concepts deal with this idea of sunbathing/moonbathing (along with sand, palm tree & moonlight) & raising perfect kids (or perfectly balancing your life).  Sometimes you cant keep fighting what resonates, I guess!  I know we're supposed to have nailed a concept by now, but Im still trying to sort out which I like best, so I included four of my fav sketches for each concept.  (As I write this blog I have also started to sketch another b/c for some reason I was so caught up in the carnival/photo stream that I missed out on the whole idea of "balancing".  A counter with some kitchen scales might work for the "happy kiddos" concept).  Anyway... here are my sketches! (which I added upside down & am now fixing!!)







 
 
 
 

In other news I am (not) pleased to report that I have been working on my comp for Thursday for our 16 week project (my topic is anxiety/panic).  My project is going to revolve around a campaign/educational effort to make teachers, parents & peers more aware of the effects, etc of panic/anxiety on tween/teenagers & I wanted to start with something that would sort of help kids with this problem communicate to someone they were having a "bad day" without actually coming out and saying.. "HEY I think Im about to experience some moderate to severe anxiety and/or panic attack and I would like a little space."  Some after thinking it through I came up with this idea of a bracelet (unisex of course) that kids could wear & it would be something that didnt cause too much comment or bring any attention to the wearer.  One side would be blue & the other red (blue = all's good & red=not so good).  So I tossed out this idea of using two rubber bracelets that I would fuse together somehow... maybe glue them, or sew them (As Tyler so kindly suggested).  Well, so far, no such luck.  I was able (luckily) to buy several from work (and save Aine the disappointment of her Mom destroying her stash, which incidentally I paid more for, so better all around), but.... gluing, sewing & double-sided taping have -NOT- worked.  Im going to continue to experiement b/c I am committed to having something tangible for class on Thursday night.  Wishing everyone else good luck on their comps as well !!

No comments:

Post a Comment