Monday, September 24, 2012

So, here I am! :)  Sadly I missed last weeks blog post (wi-fi wouldnt co-operate with me), but Im here now!  Ive spent my time wisely working on this lauch kit assignment, and Im really excited about my ideas.  Im sure no one remembers my game which was (the) Bubble Witch Saga.  I researched the game (I may have in the past YOUTUBE-d some video to help me "defeat" a level) and found there is lots and lots of content out there, fan pages, etc to help you advance through the levels, but not any backstory about the characters, mainly the witches.  Not that I could find, anyway.  Here are some to help anyone who hasn't ever played get a feel for the game:




Bubble Witch Sage is -extremely- addicting & fairly difficult once you get upwards in levels, and even before this assignment I was -shhh- level 49.  For me to get committed to a game (especially a VIDEO game) is extrememly rare.  I am going to admit, here, on my blog... once upon a time, I was a fairly serious tabletop gamer (role player, yes I admit it!!!)  But computer games, video games, etc never really appealed to me.  But (the) Bubble Witch, oh I do love it.  After several straight days of playing Im still.. maddeningly enough, level 49.  Im haunting by the things I have done for an extra life, but so far I have resisted the urge to pay for anything (like charms, spells, extra bubbles, etc).  BUT... if there were something like a launch kit offered for this game, and it included items such as:
-a special edition "Bubble Witch" Doll
-exclusive bonus outfit w/hat, broom & shoes
-Witch's Brew Bubbles
-"Witchy" Bubble Gum either in a pack or
- Collectors Edition Potion Jar
- TEN DOLLARS of BUBBLE WITCH "CASH"
- BONUS "cheat" codes, special "hidden" level codes, etc
- ALL IN A COLLECTOR'S BUBBLE WITCH SAGA CAULDRON

I'd be all over it.  Its my own idea and I'm so excited I want to run out and sit in front of Game Stop like it's Black Friday. 

Now, the next question?  How much of this is feasible?  Well, all of it.  Many years ago, waaaay back before I decided to put the nebulous idea of going back to school into action, I was really into Barbie collecting & OOAK dolls.  That meant I liked to collect Barbies and also take them, strip them of make-up and recreate them in my own way.  I've rewigged Barbies, re-painted them, re-outfitted them, etc.  Its not easy, but I'm excited to make my own "Bubble Witch" doll.  And outfit.  Thats going to be the more idfficult part, but Im willing to work through it.  The bubbles, "gift certificate" and codes shouldn't be too difficult, nor should the bubble gum package for the bubble gum sticks.  The gum balls & potion jar might present more of a challenge, but I haven't decided which I am going to attempt.  The Witch's Cauldron to put everything in... well, Halloween is in a little over a month, so that shouldn't be too difficult to find (a plastic one of course).  There will of course be some type of label or wrap on the cauldron, or it may end up painted, etc. 

I'm so excited I already started trying to dye a Barbie green, like any good witch should be!


No comments:

Post a Comment