Monday, August 27, 2012

Well 90 Minute Turkey is turning out to be a fun project!  I have enjoyed the time I have spent so far on my piece.  I decided to go with a CD or DVD package & have further whittled that down to a square paper cd package.  Since class I have been working on the template, which I just measured out, for the cd packaging.  When I print it out, it will be on an 11 x 17 piece of cardstock that I will fold & glue into shape.  It will look sort of like an envelope.  I actually bought some really cool cd mailers with a nice wrap closure, but after working with them for a bit, decided the time I was spending on trying to either un-fold and print on them or glue to them was a waste.  So, here I am, making, folding & gluing my own.  I worked with a few of my sketches, but the one that I kept going back to was the one with the words "bad ass" in the background & the comic book-esque spiky cloud w/the word EXTREME.  Thats my main focus: EXTREME.  Plus I found a photo of a raw turkey and made an "I <3 Mom" tattoo for my turkey leg.  (Tyler, I have to admit defeat: with only a week, I do not have the time to buy & give my own turkey a photo shoot.)  I love the colors I have going on & following Tylers suggestion I am going to include a small printed insert with the instructions & also a CD with a label or etching that follows the design of the cover.  All in all, Im pretty happy with where I am right now... but of course (as always) open to constructive criticism & suggestions!


1 comment:

  1. Admit no defeat! You were not required to shoot your own. Consider that in the future you may choose to tweak your project if needed, but it will certainly not be required!

    ReplyDelete