Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Thanks to the glory of faulty technology & really annoying customer service agents, we're going to pretend this is Monday.  As it will be apparent here soon, the semester is almost over!  Its been a pretty tough, maybe the toughest one yet, and I for one will be very glad to see it end.  I've been steadily working on my 16 week project, but I have to say--its still not where I want it.  It'll come to me, I know it will--what its missing, or whats wrong.  But for now, I have to keep working, at least getting my pieces made & prepared.  I feel pretty good about where my pieces are going to be, and after the other app, I'm really enjoying building this one.  Over the weekend I played around with my poster & added some text/images to my app.  I also went ahead and started a new file for the classroom passes I want that will either go in a notebook I present, or could be added to a binder (depending on time). 
 
 
This is where I left off on Thursday night, I had built a start screen and was trying to figure out how to turn it into a movable video component in PS CS6.  I will continue working on that in class on Thursday night.  Fun stuff, I know!
 
 
 
 
These next two shots show the text I added and the first of the "calming" images I have added.  The text should scroll & when this app is accessed on the child's phone, a pop-up alert box should appear on the parent's phone.  I will build that screen shot as well.
 
 
 
These are just more screen shots to help calm down the child viewing this app, and there would be at least ten minutes of slides, which I will continue to work on.  Also there should be music playing in the background, I found some really great sites that will allow me to download nature MP3's for free.
 
 
This is a cool site I found that will allow you to make your own nature sounds MP3's.
 


During my research I also found out that binaural beats are very helpful to calm individuals when they are having panic/anxiety attacks.  I listened to them in class and it did seem to help me focus and destress some.  This website will let you DL them for free.
 
 


This is the original version of my poster, which I really wasnt all that fond of, but I needed to start getting something visual built to play around with.  Tyler suggested I pull the text and images down to really give that ball of yarn a feeling of aloneness.
 
 
 

 
Which I did in my working revision.  I am closer to liking this than the first version, but there is still some work to be done--I may try to give the paper some texture, like its been crumpled up or do something different other than place the logo where I have it.  Its getting closer to there, though.
 
 

 
This is my final piece for tonight, its the passes I have been working on.  These are really important & are a real life solution that schools use to give kids a chance to go to a quiet place & calm down.  The point of the passes is so that a student has them at all times, and that they can be presented to the teacher without a lot fo explanation.  They will be perforated.
 
Overall, I'm happyw ith my progress--I will be happier if I can get my video app demonstration to work (which it will, one way or the other!!)  If I can't get it to work in PS, I can definately get it to work in movie maker.  Let's just hope I can get my other peices where I want them before next Thursday!! :)
 
                                                                                                                                                                                               
 


No comments:

Post a Comment